How To Know GodEveryone under heaven and in earth is born in sin and under the judgment of sin, but there is hope to those who are going to do the following:
1. Recognize that you are a sinner. All have fallen short of the glory of God (Rom. 3: 23)
2. Recognize that the price for your sin was paid for by Christ’s death. Jesus stood ‘in your place’ to take the wrath of God (Isa. 53: 4-6; I Pet. 3: 19).
3. Recognize that unless you are born again you cannot enter God’s kingdom. To be saved or born again is receiving Jesus as your Lord and Savior (Jn. 6: 37; Rom. 10: 9-10).
4. Recognize that you need to repent of your sin. To repent is to change your way of life and this is something you can’t do on your own; you need God’s Spirit (Jn. 16: 8; Acts 3: 19).
5. Recognize you must pray something like this:
Dear Heavenly Father,
I acknowledge that You are gracious, kind, and You have loved me all these years even when I rejected you. Lord, I ask You to come into my life. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord and I believe in my heart that You Almighty God have raised Jesus from the dead. I now turn my back on sin and I commit my life to You. Thank You, Father for giving me the opportunity to spend eternity in heaven with You. In the name of Christ, my Savior, Amen!
God has accepted you as His child if you honestly prayed this prayer with a heart willing to yield to the will of God. Now, get connected to a Bible believing church and also get in the habit of reading the Bible.